2010/07/08

Jog Report and Program for Beginners

I jogged from work again tonight, although I took a different route. Not because the dogs scare me, but simply because I wanted a shorter route. As an added bonus, I passed across many felines, many of whom stayed in the middle of the path unperturbed even if I jogged less than a meter away. Cats really are smarter than dogs.

By taking tonight course, I cut down 2-3km, and even then, as I didn't exercise much recently, I had to stop to walk a few times. I think it is a direct result of Monday's 'big' run and tonight's higher humidity. But the important part was actually going out there and finishing jogging, so mission accomplished.

For those interested in starting jogging, here is the URL to the program my friend Simon, inspiration for this blog, followed with success. In 9 weeks he went from a couch potato to a couch potato who can run 5km non-stop! (Sorry Simon, it was too easy)

But more seriously, I believe he hadn't exercised since college a number of years ago, so I think it attests to the program's effectiveness. On his Facehook page, I read a comment by a common friend who also used and can now jog 28 minutes non-stop. If you are just starting, I strongly encourage you to try it.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment