2012/01/31

30-day Challenge & Barefoot Running Event

For the past few months I've been taking 30-day challenges. In December I tried to take portraits of strangers every day, while in January, I ate natto almost every day (I still don't consider it food, but it much palatable than before).

For February, I've decided to try to jog/run every day without fail. I will consider any jogging of a kilometer or more as a success. There will be days when only 1k will be fine, as I do not wish to injure myself either. The biggest hurdle will probably finding the time to do so, but I'll do my best.

On February 18, I will do so barefoot, when I will join a clinic on running 'au naturel' (at least for the feet)! It is organized by the original makers of 'barefeet' shoes, Vibram Five Fingers, and a pro runner will guide us through the first steps of running without shoes, and then we will get to try some of the companies products. I found out about the event when I went to try shoes in a store; I jumped on the chance to literally try the product before buying. If you live in Kansai and wish to join either the Osaka (me!) or Kyoto event, check out this link; if you can't navigate the website, probably you shouldn't join since everything will be in Japanese!

See you on trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment