2011/12/06

Bad Luck

Last Sunday was my capoeira group's Batizado & Troca do Cordas, an event where I earned my yellow cord in a good demonstration of my skills, according to my teachers. Sadly, in the open game after, I dislocated my shoulder. Yes, it hurt, of course. But at least it wasn't my legs.

Now, I'm faced with a difficult decision, to join or not the Sanjurokumine race this coming Sunday. I bought a light support yesterday and it seems to be helping. Also, the pain has been subsidizing and although I felt a little hesitant riding my bicycle this morning, it was OK. Running 30km in the mountains is a little different, however. I guess what I'll do is go for a short run tomorrow evening and judge if it is possible or not. I really want to join, even if I can't finish. I didn't do all that training to just let a stupid dislocated shoulder stop me.

As the Japanese like to cheer: FIGHT-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment