2011/08/08

Jogging Haiku 17: Reflections

Umeda by night
Floating fantasy fortress,
Yodogawa love.

(13.5km, faster pace than usual with a dash in the last hundred meters)

I ran my original course, going to the Yodogawa in Asahi ward, crossing a pedestrian-and-train bridge, before continuing along the Yodogawa until Juso. As I hadn't run that course for some time, I was anxious that some stray dogs jump me like before, but I had more to fear from kids with firecrackers than anything else. Actually, my sweaty cap worked as an efficient mask to filter the smoke from a group out to outdo last Saturday's Naniwa Fireworks on the same river.

My main goal for running this much is to get in shape to record a personal best time at this year's Sanjurokumine Mtn Race in Kyoto next December, and get into the habit of doing regular sports to be a healthy and example-setting dad when my son will grow up. It also has the advantage that in the last month or so, I lost about 3kg. I'm sure the next 3 will be harder to lose, but it's finer to look at oneself in the mirror when I get out of the shower these days! Actually, I feel better than I've ever felt in my entire adult life I think. Thank you Kazumax for giving me the motivation to exercise more.

No comments:

Post a Comment