2011/08/30

Jogging Haiku 23: Go To Jail. Do Not Pass Go

Windy cloudy day
Blue stripes etched across the sky,
Fall typhoon coming

(8.5km, mostly sow pace with strong headwinds)

I jogged to Shin Osaka station this morning to get my bicycle that was impounded yesterday (illegal parking). So with my shower after, I did a reverse triathlon, sort of. The winds while jogging along the Kanzaki river were quite strong, but as I'm still recovering from my strong run on Monday evening, the slow pace was fine with me and legs.

Until an older gent passed me. I told myself it was fine, that I was on a recovery jog, but I guess my ego had a different view and convinced me that near the end of this run, it was time to kick it into high gear a little. He had a good 20 meters head start by then and it didn't take me too long to gain up on and pass him.

That wasn't very nice of me. I'm sure it flattered his ego when he passed and man at least 20 years his cadet, and the courteous thing to do would have been to let him go. It was only afterwards that this thought came to me, even if I am reading Carnegie's 'How to Win Friends'. Although the logical order is reversed, it serves me well that I had my bicycle impounded!

No comments:

Post a Comment