2011/08/25

Jogging Haiku 21: Walking, Walking, on The Tightrope of Insanity

Insects and critters
Sing much nicer melodies,
Than firecrackers.

(15km, walked the whole way)

For a literal change of pace in order to improve stamina I walked the whole course tonight, a lengthened version of my 13km course back home. Who would have thought that it proved more challenging! OK, so I had a heavier backpack, but still. I was surprised to realize that in many ways, walking for about 3 1/4 hours ( I stopped to take some cellphone shots and at the convenience store) would be harder than running 1 1/4. But it's good I did it, since it showed me some weakness in my current training regimen.

In the last 60-90 minutes, I was basically a zombie, not thinking about much (thus the title of the entry; click on the title if you don't get the reference) except for the beer I am drinking now. As a nice surprise, a souvenir box of crab & cucumber sushi roll waited for me at home. Yumm.

No comments:

Post a Comment