2012/02/21

Day 20: Groove Out

My ankle is still flaring up from time to time, and nonetheless I went for a longish one, 13.6k. I focused on putting in practice what I'd learned on Saturday, and after a while, it felt fine and I was in the zone, feeling as if I could go on for hours, especially in the last segment along the Yodo river, between the Midosuji line and Juso.

But as I got down from the dike, I started to lose my concentration. This got accentuated when I saw the time, past 10pm. Mind you, this was normal, but I thought I'd finished work at 8:00, not 9:00. It got me confused, and more than anything else, I lost my groove. It might sound strange, but it's the best way I can explain it. Afterwards, I was able to start jogging again, but my ankle felt weird - although not really hurting - and after getting stopped by a train at a crossing, I wasn't really able to start again.

On the good side, even if I used my legs differently, today Tuesday I have no muscleache, except for my Achilles tendon that feels like it has for about a week now.

No comments:

Post a Comment