2012/02/03

Jogging Haiku 46: Short Couple

Morning hangover
Disappears with fire bands,
Why the firemen?

Last night I jogged from Umeda to Yotsubashi to go to my capoeira lesson. The jog was short, about 2,7km, and it reminded why I dislike running downtown on main thoroughfares: traffic signals, cyclists texting and smokers. I guess I could have taken side streets to avoid such sidewalks, but I was meeting a friend who was going to try capoeira for the first time and since I needed to traverse some of big roads, I would have needed to do detours and/or wait at traffic signals anyways. It proved to be a good little warm up.

Then this morning I went for another short one, about 2,3km near my place, after waking up early. While the distance wasn't long, I did climb up and down many stairs, using the ones of an overpass going over the train tracks. My ankle was bothering me a little - and I don't know if it's the continuous running or the capoeira - and my underfeet also hurt a little, and in this case I know it's because of the capoeira! On the way back, I noticed some firefighters, all men, who were packing up their stuff from a nearby apartment building. I hope everyone was safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment