2012/02/12

Jogging Haiku 48: Red Lights, Grey Morning

A few ohayos
But mostly deserted paths,
Grey Monday morning.

(9.7k at my regular pace)

I did manage to go out this morning for a longish run, although it took me a good 55 minutes after my alarm before I actually got out of bed (might have fallen back asleep). Rain is predicted later today, which explains why I wanted to go out in the morning. The covered skies meant it wasn't so cold, which is always welcomed in the winter. I took a modified course that I used to go on often when training for the Sasayama marathon and Trailwalker a number of years ago.

All was well and swell until I hit a red light near the end. When I started jogging again my achilles tendon flared up a little, and did so again when I hit another red light. I guess it had time to cool down in those small breaks, and that was enough for the flare up.

Anyways, here's the song that inspired the title of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment