2012/02/06

Day 6: Calories to Burn

For the second time in 3 days, I had an all-you-can-eat lunch to celebrate my wife's birthday. Today we went to a cake/dessert place, that also offered pasta and curry rice (my choice). I did have quite a few helpings of dessert, the best in my opinion was the banana creme brulée pie and the apple mousse cake (the last one also much enjoyed by my wife).

After work I had decided to get off a station early and jog back home, but I decided to do the opposite and jog straight out of work, which ended up being the best solution for two reasons: primo I saved some yen since this way I didn't need to transfer train companies (used the money for a beer!); secundo, it rained harder when I got home then when I set off.

Again I ran in my Crocs, 3.1km tonight, and although I could feel a little bit of tension in my right Achilles tendon by the end of the run, it was nothing really bad. I guess all that barefoot capoeira has already reinforced some the muscles needed. I'll give it a few more days to see if it hurts more, but "barefoot" running is something I'm going to enjoy, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment